Image Map

I'm So Jealous!

2.12.13


As a human being that has observed a few human beings in my lifetime (as well as observing myself), I've noticed that so many people have to battle with the green monster, that we call jealousy.

If you look at everything around you, most of the time it's really hard to not be jealous.  You look at everyone else's blog, and you're like damn... I need to be funnier, or use better pictures.  Or pay someone else to update the blog.  Blog envy.  Now I'm not a super supporter of this thing; I am not on Facebook, and I rarely tell people that I blog, so perhaps the failure of this thing rests on my own shoulders.

I'm not real big on letting people in, so I mainly use this as an outlet and testimony to my life....but I still get jealous that my blog isn't where I want it to be right now.

Being a girl plays a huge part in this too.  It is hard to not look everywhere and wish that you were someone else.  That you had their hair, or their clothes, or their ability to put on liquid black eyeliner.  I was always told that as you approach your 30's (one month to go), that you are supposed to get more comfortable with yourself and that is supposed to go away, but I am not quite there yet.

If you're not jealous of someone else's blog or the way you look, then you get to contend with the many talents of people that you just don't have.

I love taking pictures; my photography sucks most of the time.

I love to read; but it's usually never anything smart.

I love to run; I will never be able to say I ran a marathon.  Ever.  

My life is far from glamorous.  I work in transportation, as I may have mentioned before.  Most of my pictures on the blog are Instagram.  I live in a modest home in a modest city (yo yo Bham), no kids, no super fancy designer clothes, definitely no designer furniture (Hello Rooms-to-go and IKEA!), and definitely don't have any looks to be jealous about.

It's something that even as I approach a new decade in my life that I've struggled with.  I don't know if it will ever go away; I guess I can say that it won't.  

Tt seems that life is comprised of shortcomings, and that if you can just deal with it, and be happy with who you are and what you are, then you will probably live a long and fulfilling life.

So the point of all of this rambling?  

I'm probably jealous of you, and I ain't afraid to admit it.

I

No comments: