Image Map

Back to Ballroom

18.12.13

This past weekend, a really great opportunity just happened to fall in my lap.

Last week, my dance instructor asked me if I was available to do a holiday show with him this weekend, both waltz dances, and paid!!!!  I could hardly contain my excitement.

It had been awhile since I'd danced in front of an audience, being almost a year since I've competed, but I figured, dancing makes me happy, and hey, any chance to dress up!

Friday night my instructor and I met up, came up with two very short routines, and met at Mountain Brook High School for a little show..


 Yes!  We performed with the Voices of the South!  The men of this A Capella singing organization were incredible!  They were all so sweet and gracious for us to be there!  It was incredible!  It truly was an experience.

Me and Mike getting ready for our first dance.

It honestly was a really great experience, and since it wasn't a true competition of any sort, I was really happy that I got to wear my new short hair down.  And getting to wear that white dress is always a plus.  I love that white dress!  

It made me miss ballroom dancing just that much more.  Probably just because of how happy it makes me.  Even if I wouldn't have gotten paid to dance in this show, it would have been well worth it.  Plus getting to wear stage makeup (lots and lots of super red lipstick and glittery eye shadow) is always a great time.

Maybe I'll get back into dancing, as it truly was a fantastic time.

And also, if you get a chance to see the Voices of the South, I definitely wouldn't pass on that.

No comments: