Image Map

Chop Chop

16.12.13

This past Saturday, I realized that in just three short weeks I turn 30.

Yes, 30.

I have been dreading this birthday for a long time, and I'm not really sure why.  It's honestly just another day, and since I've started running again, I'm starting to feel better.

So why, oh why does turning thirty scare the bejesus out of me?  

And I guess it's even scarier, because I can't answer why it scares me.  Could be that I'm thirty, and all I have to show for it is a career in transportation?  Although, the job I'm at right now is completely fulfilling, and I for once, love the company I work for.  Could be that I'm thirty, and I don't have kids, while everyone around me is throwing up their pictures of their dogs all like, "I can't wait for my baby brother to get here!"  Maybe even the scariest part about that is, I don't know if I want to have kids.  

Maybe I'm not where I want to be financially (not even close), or where I want to be geographically (again, not even close).  But I couldn't tell you.  Quarter-life crisis?  Yep, in full swing.  

So that's when this happens... bye bye hair!  

Yep, I'm a very cliche kind of girl.

When the going gets tough, a girl cuts her hair.  And to be honest, I haven't cried about it at all.  It feels so much better to not have all that hair on my head.

Anyway, I'm hitting NOLA for the big day, so that should alleviate a lot of my concerns!

Here's to being almost 30!

No comments: