Image Map

2013 Iron Bowl

1.12.13

Usually I don't post on the weekends.  

But I don't want to forget the feeling from last night, and I want to make sure that I document it, somehow, even if it is on this little corner of the intra-webs.  

Iron Bowl Saturday.  Alabama #1 in the country; Auburn #4.  Auburn big underdog; as always.  The entire game was back and forth until the very end.  Alabama missed a few field goals, every one in that stadium was as loud as it could be.

What seems to be the last play of the game in the fourth quarter has TJ Yeldon running down the sideline.  He appears to run out of bounds as the clock is running out, but Saban and Alabama petition for one more second to be put back on the clock.

Done.

Alabama lines up for a 57 yard field goal.

They miss.

The ball lands right into the arms of Chris Davis.

Who then runs 109 yards to the other end of the field for an Auburn touchdown, winning the Iron Bowl with no seconds left on the clock.

Holy war eagleness.

Best game I have ever watched.

Plus my dad was here.

And they let the fans rush the field.  It will never get old.  Hearing Rod Bramblett's call with Davis running from end zone to end zone, the jokes about how long it takes to beat Bama (1 second), or watching the Auburn fans reactions to the win.

Auburn fans rush the field.


Blurry as all get out, but in case you can't see that, it just says Auburn won and they're awesome.


it was amazing y'all.  Just amazing.  Definitely the best Iron Bowl ever.  I'm so jealous of everyone that got to be there.

But getting to spend it with my dad made it even better.

War Damn Eagle, my friends, War Damn Eagle.

No comments: