Image Map

A Small Project + A Little Known Fact

4.12.13

I have noticed something about myself that is just a tad bit disconcerting.  

When I wear socks to bed (which could be disconcerting on its own, but believe me, it doesn't happen often), I always end up taking them off.

When I'm asleep.  

I'm not kidding.  That happens.  It sort of weirds me out, but it happens.  I always wake up snuggling with both socks.  I thank Jesus that I don't have smelly feet.

Anyway...onto something less weird.  One day while perusing Pinterest, I came across a lot of wine bottle projects.  A lot of them were way out of my creative league, but I though a-ha! there are some on here that I can mimic, and maybe, just maybe they won't come out sucking so bad.

So I took five of the many wine bottles I have around the house ( I have been saving them for awhile waiting for the creative/non-lazy bug to hit), spray painted them glittery gold, and added a stripe of chalkboard pain for good measure.

All done with paint tape, glittery gold spray paint, and chalkboard spray paint.  I will tell you a few things that I learned in the process:

1.  Hope you like gold glitter, because wherever you spray paint (umm, it was below 40 degrees outside, and homie don't play that game) is going to turn glittery.  I've always said that everything is a little happier with glitter, so I thought of it as a good thing.

2.  If you can (or have the patience) try to soak or peel off the wine label.  I did not do either of these things, and you can sort of tell on the chalkboard paint stripe.

3.  Be sure to tape the bottom part extra well; my chalkboard paint sort of seeped through, creating a few streaks of the black amongst the gold.




They came in quite handy to write my War Eagle, Beat Bama message.

And are coming in even handier for the Beat Mizzou!

And just because it's never going to get old...



War Eagle folks, War Eagle.

No comments: