Image Map

Broken Hearts

30.4.10

I am lucky that I haven't had to deal with a broken heart in a while. Being married kind of lends to that, but I am witnessing a broken heart right now, and I'm trying to think back to, if any, there were broken hearts on my account.

But I can't think of any who I have ever broken their hearts. But I can remember those who broke mine:

Michael: First ever boyfriend. First boy ever cheated on me. And I can still remember to this day how it felt when he told me. Like someone had just kicked my stomach in. And I still hate him for that.

Daniel: I remember the blasted Keith Urban song we danced to, and every time I hear it played I still think about him. He was shy to kiss me, but was so worth it when he did. Never could fully return the feelings, so broken heart.

Chris: He's more of the same as Daniel. Journey "Don't Stop Believin" reminds me of him. It was forced to be a secret, but I do remember him telling me he loved me, only after I asked, when I was on the beach with friends... I learned a lot from him. And I miss him.

Broken hearts are never a fun thing, and this is a really down post for a Friday. I miss the falling though. And I guess sometimes learning how to deal with a broken heart is a valuable lesson... but it still bitterly sucks.

No comments: