Image Map

Rhinoplasty

5.5.10

So, for the longest time I have been considering getting plastic surgery. I have this thing on my face that I don't like, and it's called my nose.

It wouldn't be to help me breathe any better, and there's no deviated septum or whatever it's called, but I have hated my nose for as long as I can remember. It would be solely cosmetic, and for incredibly selfish reasons. Like, I hate my nose.

I got it from my dad/grandma, and it's a very harsh, big nose. There's a huge bump in it toward the top and it just sticks out like a sore thumb in pictures. It scrunches up when I smile, and then there's a weird tip thing on it.

I don't know. I may sound like a whiny 18 year old, but I am not. I am 26 and fully capable of making such decisions. I think at some point in time, this will happen, when it finally gets to the point that I absoulutely can't stand it anymore.

But I was reading an article on Elle.com about some girl who had nose surgery when she was 18 because she really didn't like it. And then now that she's older, she regrets her decision, because she thinks she took away from the person she was supposed to be.

Maybe it's because I'm 26 and I don't feel that way, but I think it could only make me feel better about myself. And for that kind of satisfaction, finally, I think I could live with it.

No comments: