Image Map

Fork in the Road

7.5.10

So I have come to a fork in the road. And it's not a blonde vs. brunette argument, or what should I have for lunch fork in the road, but a legitimate, what in the hell should I do fork in the road?

It seems as though I have two options; I could follow my heart or my brain.

My brain and I have never quite gotten along . The brain is very logical. This is where the weighing of the pros and cons, the good vs. the bad, the you have worked on this too long to just throw it all down the train part of everything comes in. It says, "love me, I'm logical and make sense."

I have always been able to usually ignore such rational thought and follow my heart instead. My heart is where all the passion lies, and the what could happen if I do this or don't do this? I have made the majority of my decisions with my heart. And I live my life as "regret what you didn't do, never what you do". I got this motto from an ex-good friend of mine, who decided 15 years of friendship was worth ending (but that's another story and I don't care to scratch that scab), and I have lived by it ever since.

I have learned that my heart will mostly win out. I have learned that I'm not going to change who I am to change how I act. I have also learned that the person you are with MUST, MUST MUST love you for who you are, or it is never going to work.

So yes, I act with my heart, and I will probably do so in this situation as well. And you know what, I am not going to feel bad about it.

At all.

No comments: