Image Map

Give me back my McDonald's Toy...Give me that Toy.

28.4.10

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/28/fast.food.toys.california/index.html?hpt=C1

This is ridiculous, and another reason why I would never ever live in California. I mean, I can't even begin to understand the premise on this. I hate hate hate that the government feels the need to stick their noses in even this. And I'm not a huge politics person; I'm not. But when they try to interfere with something with as little meaning as a toy in a Happy Meal?

I mean, there has to go to be something more important to pass laws on right? If a parent wants to feed their child McDonald's until they're all nice and plump that's their prerogative. It all goes back to why in the hell does everyone care so much about what other people do? I do not care about a chunky child or about the toy he gets from his Happy Meal. I do not care about this child obsesity act thing that Mrs. Obama is trying to pilot.

IF a parent is going to feed their child McDonald's, they're going to do it whether or not the president or his wife says not to. And if a kid wants a Coke at school, and alas, they've taken all the soft drinks out of the vending machines, he will just bring it to school in his lunch box. Same goes for Skittles or a Snickers or whatever.

I guess the main point of this rant is that I honestly can't figure out why so many people care what other people are doing. It is such a waste of time and effort. And to take those toys away... that's just ...I don't even know. At least the portions are smaller I guess.

No comments: