Image Map

There is Kindness!

16.4.10

I was at work this morning and my service manager came up to tell me a story that restored my faith in humanity. Lately it seems that everyone is too busy for niceness, which I can't figure out.

Anyway, I won't rant about the downfall of humanity; instead I will continue with my story.

He said that he was at an appliance shop, picking up something for his broken stove at home, when BAM, a car comes flying from behind and hits the car next next to him. This guy was extremely distraught, asking my service manager, T, if it was his truck and what he needed to do. T said that out comes a guy from the appliance store. The guy that drove his truck backward asks this guy if it was his truck he just hit. And he said it was. So they walk around the truck and survey for damage. T said there was just some damage done to the bumper, nothing severe, but this guy never lost his cool. So backwards-driving guy asks what he can do to make it alright. Appliance store guy looks at him, and says, It's your lucky day. Let's not call the cops and just call it even. The Lord is looking out for you today. So backwards-driving guy says, no, no, I need to give you something, and appliance store guy says, no, we're good.

Can you honestly say that if someone hit your car that you would react in the same way that this guy did? I would like to think that I wouldn't lose my cool, but even T said he would have flipped.

Then T said the guy said, "If everyone got along just like me and that guy did, the world would be a much better place."

So for today, if someone makes you angry, just let it go. Make the world a better place.

No comments: