Image Map

Books!

15.4.10

In the spirit of high school summer reading lists, I am going to make a list of all the books that are on my wish list to read right now.

1. A Million Little Pieces - James Frey. In the middle of reading this one right now, and am in love with it. He writes whatever he feels, and I admire him for that. Story of a recovering addict; basically a biography. Will let you know how I feel at the end.

2. Girls in Trucks- Katie Crouch. Got the review of a friend's blog, www.katyharper.com, and it sounds interesting.

3. Chelsea, Chelsea Bang Bang - Chelsea Handler. I'm sorry. I'm in love with this girls midget-loving, vodka drinking ways. If I could make a living off reading Celebrity blogs and Tweets and Ok Magazine, trust me, I would.

4. I Was Told There'd Be Cake - Sloane Crosley. Again, a person who writes what she feels. Can't hate on someone who can actually put everything they feel into words.

5. 4 Blondes - Candace Bushnell. Good girly summer read. Plus the woman invented Carrie Bradshaw.

6. Forbidden Love with a Married Man: E-mail Diaries - Dennis Schleicher. Seriously? This sounds interesting. That's all.

7. Little Earthquakes - Jennifer Weiner. Her and Candace Bushnell should join forces and reign as Chick-lit queens. She's a great writer, and if I could write books, these are the books I would probably write.

8 Gods in Alabama - Joshilyn Jackson. Picked this up for .75 cents at a yard sale, strictly because it said Alabama on it. About a girl who grew up in Alabama and moves to Chicago, to get away from some crime she committed, but eventually has to come home to face whatever it is she left. I can't wait to dig into this one.

There are more, because I saw them all at BAM last night, but I can't remember them. I tend to read more in the summer, A. because there's more sunlight and B. you can't beat reading a book outside in the grass.

Get to reading!

No comments: