Image Map

I wish it would Rain.

29.6.08

So it has been another fun filled Sunday at Oxmoor. This really is the least favorite of the places on Sunday. It's supposed to be a relaxed, chilled-out day, but it never really is. And having foreign people scream in your face for doing your job is not really all that fun either. But I stood up for myself, and I was proud.

Friday was a blast. Went to Cajun Steamer for the first time, and their food was fantastic. Had some kind of shrimp thing that was super spicy. Ended up going back to DC's for some drinks and chattime. The boys played cards, while C and I talked on her porch. They have the most awesome patio thing. It overlooks Birmingham, and has the magical power of making Birmingham look pretty. We talked forever, and when we finally decided to go check on the boys, it was 4 o clock in the morning.

Yesterday was kind of a lazy day. Stayed in our pajama's pretty much all day; made our own pizza for dinner which was kinda cool. We've gotten into this habit of making a menu for the week; to save money. If we force ourselves to eat at home every night, then that saves us a ton of money. Last Friday was the first time we'd eaten out in awhile. It actually isn't that hard to limit the fast food intake.

I have finally cracked the 10-minute mile. I am on my way to getting to try to do more than one mile in one sitting. Our goal for next year is to enter into a 5k, then maybe getting a little more challenge in the form of a 10k sometime thereafter. It's the first time I've actually set a kind of "fitness" goal. Makes me feel all special.

Anyway, one hour left to go, and then I'm headed home. Thank God.

No comments: