Image Map

Grandma's B-day Party

8.6.08

This weekend, Bennett and I short-tripped it up to Lincolnton, NC for my Grandmother's 90th (yes 90 years old!!!) birthday party. I owe him big for doing that with me, but we'll get to more of that later....

This weekend started out horribly, with Friday of course being the worst day. So I wake up and I go to the gym, and I am SOOO proud of myself, because on Friday, for the first time in my life I ran a mile without stopping. I ran the whole thing. I didn't run very fast (finished the mile in under 14 minutes though, which, is a huge accomplishment for me!), but I did it. I was so super proud of myself, and I was gonna rush home and tell Bennett that I finally did it, and then there is a message from my doc. He's all like your blood is all messed up, blah blah, but to make a long story short, I had to go get some more blood drawn (my arms look like I shoot up on a consistent basis), and sit in that hospital forever. Then to make matters even worse, Target pissed me off. Which is almost the impossible task, because I LOVE target. But for some reason, their stupid printer isn't working with the pictures. I am so upset, because I was in a very creative mood and I wanted to start a scrapbook for them.

And on top of all that, I wanted to stop by Caitlin's new place to say hey,and show her the pictures I do have. Did any of this happen? No. By the time I got done with the blood drawing, and the no picture having, and the getting ready to go to NC, it was 2 o'clock, and time to pick Bennett up. I was in a pissy mood, and driving six hours really wasn't going to help it. But we got up there and all was ok. Hooray for semi-road trips with Bennett.

Anyway, I knew that this thing was going to be awkward. I haven't seen half of these people in years, and half of them I had never met. I have more family that I don't know where they came from than anyone I know, I think. I didn't recognize anyone, and it was like I was the black sheep. But not really, because Lincolnton, NC isn't all that of a happenin place. I had second cousins with four kids and no husband. I'm not knockin on them, but it was a pretty big shock to me. Yeah, East Cobb snob turned Birmingham snob.

So now, I'm at work, mad, because if my pictures aren't ready today, something bad is going to happen. Probably not. I am making another attempt at this running a mile without stopping..

Today's happy list addition: Cherry Coke Zero.

No comments: