Image Map

What I Come From

3.9.13

There's a blog that I follow (okay, stalk/admire/wish I was) that is doing a blog every day in September (minus the weekends).  I've been in sort of a writing funk, and wasn't sure if I could survive every day in September seeing as how I've slowly stopped even doing it during the week.

But today's prompt, What I Come From, really got me thinking.  Not because I come from so much, but there is so much to know about me and how I got to be the person I am.

I was born to Mike and Diane in Waukesha Memorial Hospital in Waukesha, Wisconsin on a cold night in January.  Yeah, both of my parents will probably hate me for this one here, probably more so my mom than my dad, but oh well?  One of the happiest moments of your life, right guys?!



We never stayed in one place long; my sister was also born in Waukesha, but we moved pretty much everywhere.  Although, we never forget we have a legit tie to the Packers since, well, we were born there.  After Wisconsin, we moved to South Carolina . After that, to California, and after that to Denmark.  After Denmark came South Carolina again, and after South Carolina came Georgia.  I don't think I really ever minded moving around much; I don't remember that much about it.  Maybe I never fully grasped the meaning of it, but I do think that's where I get my love of travel and not liking to stay in one place for too long.

Which I think is a great trait.



Of course after I graduated high school from Georgia, I went to Auburn, and still live to this very day in Alabama, even though I swore up and down that I never would live in this damn state, but it's sort of sucked me in, and I'm obviously still here.

I have Auburn to thank for a lot of the ways I learn things; how to meet people, how to be a good person, how to speak intelligently, or when to not speak at all.  What it means to be loyal to a non-living entity, and to be so proud of something, that I will never betray it.

As dumb as that sounds, I really don't care.  Auburn University is a big part of my life, even outside of football.  

Ahh, freshman year.  Look at that face; no wrinkles!  It was so hot this day, but as freshman and this being our first game, were we really going to miss out on it?  No way.

So without getting too long winded or sappy, that is pretty much what I come from.  A family that I knew loved me and supported me, which is pretty much what everything boils down to anyway.

No comments: