Image Map

Mumford & Sons

11.9.13

This week I had another music religious moment; quite like the one I had with John Boutte in NOLA.  On Monday, Mumford & Sons played for the first time in Alabama.

And it was unbelievable.  Their encore was incredible (minus the rendition of Sweet Home Alabama.  I swear to god, nothing will make you hate that song more than living in this state.  I tell you; the appeal to that song is gone), but the most favorite part of the encore?  They did a rendition of Springsteen's "She's on Fire," which promptly made me cry, because I'm a big baby.

Their show lasted about two hours, and the entire crowd stood on their feet for the entire time.  Which was a cause for me to take off my boots, because I felt like my feet were going to fall off.

That's right.  I took the shoes off in the middle of a concert.  Could have been the most hippie thing I've ever done in my entire life.

Ehh, so be it.

Honestly, if you have any way of seeing these guys in concert, I highly recommend it.  You will definitely not regret it.









* On a side note, some crazy ass meteor thing happened right in the middle of the second opener.  We all thought it was a flare, or a firework. 



No comments: