Image Map

Last Day

24.9.13

Sorry for the short hiatus on this here blog; it's been a little stressful lately, and usually the first thing to go is the thing that won't kill me if I don't do it for awhile.

Hence the lack of blog posts.

Since I've last written in the internets, I've interviewed for another job, gotten it, had my last day at my last job and gone to New Orleans.

My last day was a hard one for me; my main complaint lied within the people I worked for not the people I worked with.  Saying good-bye to most of those people was incredibly difficult; I'd built up relationships not only with the people in my office, but others in different offices.

Amy came in first.  She had brought me a bucket filled with everything that would remind me of the people I worked with; coffee creamer for Jen; Red Hots for her, and energy drinks and Reese's for Mouse.

Turn on the waterworks.  I expected this.  Not much makeup was worn that day; the last thing I needed was for people to remember black streaks running from my eyes.

Then as if wasn't bad enough, one of my coworkers from another office ordered doughnuts for our entire office, so of course I had to call him, and started crying some more.

It was really  nice to feel that sort of love from just your co-workers.  I realize that I see them more hours of the day than anyone else, and I was so thankful to have them in my life. 

(Me, on left, with Amy holding up our doughnuts!)


 I know that I've built long-lasting relationships with quite a few people there, and I like them, so I hope they don't go away, like so many relationships do.

I'm an awesome stalker; don't make me do it.


I'm looking forward to my new journey at my new place.  I'm hoping that it's better for me, and that there are less bad days.  Being the new kid always sucks, but those guys have already made me feel more than welcome.

I can't wait to start my new adventure!




No comments: