Image Map

Lititz Volume 3: the not really Lititiz

27.12.12

The Amish.  I was seriously obsessed with seeing a horse and buggy, so Mom and Guido took us to a market (the name escapes me right now) in Intercourse, PA, and you can imagine my excitement to see so many Amish!  We went on a Monday (apparently that is laundry day), and saw so many!  They don't like their pictures taken, and I wasn't very discreet, but you have to be kind of fast to snap their picture.
 
They're horses, but still, they move pretty quick.
 
my first glimpse kinda sucked. 

then there was one right near me!  blasted iphone and it's non-zooming out...

laundry day!

There we go!!

this was inside their store.  the women were in the back making something.  i conveniently left out the sign that said "no pictures."  whatevs.  i'm buying your whoopie pies; I'll take a picture if I want.


Kid hanging outside the buggy!  Bonus!

Not Amish, but super cute photo anyway.
 I don't know what my massive deal was with finding these people and their buggies.  I've just never really sat and wondered what in the world I would do without electricity?  I don't think there is anything you could say to me to make me want to hang my laundry outside.  And it wasn't warm there folks; so they were definitely not getting that just out of the dryer warmth.  Which to me, is kind of the best thing in the world.
 
 

No comments: