Image Map

1776'ers...err, '76ers... I don't get it: Philly Part 2

6.12.12

By now it's no secret that I love sports.  I am a girl that loves sports.  Yep, I'll admit it again.  So when we had a chance to go to an NBA game in Philly, I was totally open to it.  A.  I had never been to an NBA game before, and B.  I'm always up for new sports gear.  Which I got.  I got a super cute red pullover thing with a hood.  Gosh, I love hoodies.  

We had a little time to kill beforehand, so we decided to find a cute little neighborhood bar.  And we did.  It was nestled in between apartments and row houses and was exactly what we needed to get in from the cold and rain.  What we stumbled upon was the South Philly Tap Room.  They have great happy hour specials and happy hour food specials.  Anyone who has happy hour food specials is fantastic in my book.



And after this, we were feeling pretty good.  Super ready to tackle the cheering duties of the '76ers faithful.  So we drove to the stadium, scalped some tickets for the upper deck and made our way inside.  Once finding the escalator to mosey on up to our nose bleed seeds, you could imagine our surprise when we were asked if we wanted to upgrade.  Umm, to the fourth row from the court.  NOT kidding.  

They were playing the Dallas Mavs that night, and seriously, Mark Cuban (owner of the Mavs and super star of the Diet Mountain Dew commercials) was within arms reach.



 So it was a pretty thin crowd.  Which is probably why they were offering the free upgrade, but hey, in the NBA world, the game ended up being an upset.  '76ers won and the Philly people were happy.  

I will definitely say that watching a basketball game in person is way more interesting than watching it on TV, and I guess I have a new team to pull for now.  I don't know if that's even a good choice.  I don't know if the '76ers are any good, or will be any good.  Or even if they've ever been any good?  I don't know, but at least it was something new.

And they won. 










No comments: