Image Map

First Date ...Again

31.12.12

B and I went on our first date probably back in 2007.  We had graduated school in 2006 from Auburn; B moved almost immediately to Birmingham for his job; I came a little later to be with someone who will not be mentioned in this post.

Of course things went south quickly with other dude, and B and I started hanging out.  Granted, we were already friends, and had known each other from Ruby Tuesday and some other classes we were in together, so it wasn't totally weird.

Then work, at the time Penske, bought a whole bunch of tickets to go to a Barons baseball game.  I didn't want to go alone with all the boys I worked with, so I asked B to come with.  A few (ok, more than a few) beers later, found us at our first kiss.

Right after that, I went to my dad's for the weekend.  I didn't hear from B; didn't really know what was going on; couldn't talk to my best friend about it, because I knew that I wouldn't have her blessing.  So I just had to wait until I came back.  Where he finally asked me on a date. 

He took me to Jim 'n Nick's downtown, which is where he took me a few nights ago.  Just to recreate our first date.  It was a good first date.  I had calmed my nerves with a vodka and Diet Mountain Dew.  Ahh, the good ole days of not knowing what was good to drink, and being naive enough to mix Grey Goose with the Dew.  

Some pictures from our recreation...




They seriously have some of the best mashed potatoes on earth...and that gravy.  Yums.  Definitely not the best BBQ in Birmingham, but it'll do.

After our dinner on our first date, we decided to go to Vulcan.  Where B proceeded to barrel through the chain and busted out his back windshield.  We decided to probably leave that part out.  But it was definitely a memorable first date.

I hope y'all have a safe and Happy New Year's.  B and I are currently in New Orleans having a blast!!  Of course, more to come on that later.

No comments: