Image Map

Wakey Wakey

22.10.10

I looooooooove breakfast. There is no other meal that I would rather eat. All the deliciousness that it presents. Waffles....bacon....orange juice...yum. I'm hungry just thinking about breakfast, and I love making breakfast food. So I was pleasantly surprised when lo and behold in my work inbox (thanks GE!!), there was a brand new website for recipes.


And they have an entire section dedicated to brunch and breakfast foods!!


So I was searching this morning for something yummy to make before the game tomorrow (War Eagle!), and came across this scrumptious looking thing.

Hash With Potatoes and Sausage

Ingredients
By Measure

1 cup country sausage, large dice

3 cups baked potato, large diced

1/4 cup yellow onion

1/4 cup sweet bell pepper, julienned

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 teaspoon paprika

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 teaspoon, garlic minced
Preparation
Using a griddle or large saute pan:
Heat the saute pan or griddle to high heat.
Add the olive oil to the pan or griddle and allow the oil to heat. Gently add the sausage to the olive oil and cook until sausage it cooked. Add the cooked potatoes to the sausage and cook until the potatoes begin to caramelize.
Add the peppers and onions to the sausage. Cook together stirring occasionally until the onions and peppers are cooked.
Add the garlic and butter. Season with salt and pepper.

(http://genet.geappliances.com/Recipes/Dispatcher?REQUEST=MONOGRAM_SPECPAGE&RecipeID=30036)

While nobody will ever beat my uncle Paul's hash...this definitely comes close!

No comments: