Image Map

Southern At It's Best

29.10.10


I love everything about the South. I love the obsession with football, and getting dressed up for football games. I love the fried everything. I love saying y'all. I love wearing pearls. I love it all!


One thing that I believe is uniquely Southern is cornbread! I L-O-V-E cornbread. It's the best when it's hot and you put the butter on it (yes, butter. We don't care anything about being healthy down here), and it just melts in your mouth. I tried this recipe from the same GE website from last time, and it says the sugar is optional, but I would probably use it anyway.


Ingredients
By Measure
1 cup Corn Meal
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Tbs Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Salt
3 Eggs
2 cups Sour Cream
1 stick Butter
3 Tbs Sugar (Optional)Ingredients
Preparation
Melt the butter
Stir together the corn meal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar, if using
Stir together the eggs, sour cream and melted butter
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined and everything is moist but lumpy
Bake at 400 until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (about 30-45 minutes)
*****Hope y'all enjoy!!!******

No comments: