Image Map

Birthday Girl

4.1.09

So, today is my birthday. I am, of course, sitting at work. I don't really mind working on my birthday; it has been busy today, and time has flown by. I hate when birthdays come on Sundays though; nobody does anything on Sunday. Which is why the birthday was celebrated heavily on Friday night with D&C and of course, my baby.

We went to Mexican (we have finally found the best Mexican place in Birmingham!), and then out to Blue Monkey, where I was once again forced to take the BJ shot in front of everyone on the piano, no hands. Alcohol, again, went up my nose. I swore that I wouldn't be talked into it, but there's not a whole lot to do when the piano player buys you the shot; it would be just plain rude not to take it!

After the bar, we went to D&C's place to play games. Until 5 o clock in the morning. I guess being 25 didn't slow me down any. But I did get to thinking about what has changed in a year. I guess the biggest thing is that I'm engaged and getting married. I have only had two great love stories in my life (joseph was the first), and I'm marrying the second. Only two people have been able to garner the title of "love story." These are the only two people which I am convinced I ever loved. All of the in-between filler people were wastes of my time, and I never fully fell in love with them.

I applied, and got rejected, to graduate school, based off a test score. I will try again sometime this year.

Robin got married and is having a baby in March.

Deanna and I are finally back to being friends; it feels good.

I got to see both my mom and my dad this year.

I lost 10 pounds.

I can run a mile in 10 minutes.

I have moved to Oxmoor for optimum promotability.

Bennett and I have started going to church regularly.

I've started talking to one of my cousins more often, and also my step-brother.

I am still in love with the best guy I have ever met; I still can't believe he chose me!

So here's to looking to an even better 2009; it can only get better from here!

No comments: