Image Map

Customer Service is the Worst Job Ever

21.1.09

I have never had a job that didn't involve dealing with the public. The job that broke me and made me start hating people was waiting tables. You have all these people who think either they are much better than you, and all these people who just suck, i.e. talking on the phone, tipping badly, etc.

But nothing could prepare me for the world of truck rental. I actually had some guy tell me today that his time was worth more than my time. I wanted nothing more than to hang up on this asshole. Let me set the scene: He had a reservation for 4:30 at our location in Jasper, an agent, and these locations aren't true truck rental locations, they are simply that; agents. They have their own business and run the truck rental on the side. Anyway, he shows up to pick up his truck at 3:30, an hour before he was supposed to be there. So the people who run the place weren't there.

He calls me to complain. "I drove 10 extra miles to use you guys instead of U-haul." "My time is worth more than your time deary." "I can't stand here and wait for you people to get your shit together." "This place doesn't even look legit."

I kid you not. This guy said all of this, word for word. Sometimes I really want to just say to these people, then go to U-haul, and I hope your sorry ass '94 Ford truck breaks down on the side of the road.

And the bad thing about these kind of people, is that it tends to ruin your mood for the rest of the day, forcing you to yell at people all the way home. People who ride their brakes down 65, people who think they're so important that they just cut everyone off. I have news for some of these people: you are not that important. You're just not.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Your blog explained reason number 184 why I don't miss the truck rental business. Don't feel too bad though, those people are everywhere. In the banking world they are the people that overdraw there accounts and think they are above paying the fees.