Image Map

The Olden Days

10.12.08

Since tonight is boy's night out, I have been left at home with my thoughts and the alcohol, and what better than to write a blog entry.


Listening to Amie Miriello. She's amazing. Anyway, so there is nothing good on TV on Wednesdays, so what do I do? I flip back to my xanga journal and read a whole bunch of what I used to be like. And it's semi-amusing to see how much I'm not like the self I used to be back in the day. A. I used to swear like a sailor in my other journal entries. I sort of leave that out on purpose in this one. I feel in my old age that I can use my words better, although I will admit the occasional hell or damn or ass will escape. Please excuse me for that. B. I'm obviously not as boy crazy as I used to be. Granted that my love life has settled itself nicely. There is no Daniel ( I forgot all about this guy!) or Joseph or Nothdurft drama. There is no Deanna on medication that won't allow her to drink and C. I'm obviously not in school anymore, so it's not as fun. Only fun stuff happens in college; no fun-ness in real world.


I was listening to this new kid at work today talk about his rondez vous in college and it made me miss it even more that I can explain. I don't miss all the dumb decisions I made in college, yet I regret very few of them. I believe strongly in the saying "Everything happens for a reason," and taking away the things that happened to me in college would make me a different person than the person I am now.


I am not completely happy with the person I have become, but I do believe that now is better than then. And even if nobody reads this, then I will be happy to know that I have these to look back on later to see how I was and remember.


Our tree; Steven don't feel bad. We are obsessed with Christmas too. :)

No comments: