Image Map

Fancy Car

7.12.08

So my poor little Focus finally got his 6 month washing (it really should occur more than once every six months, and I promised I would take better care of this one, but that didn't really happen), and his wheels have a nice shine thing going on too. He's a pretty happy car today.

So once again, it's Sunday and I'm at oxmoor. And once again, it is slow so I'm blogging. I have checked in one truck, and I have one reservation that is actually during business hours today. I mean, I can't complain, because there is nothing going wrong today, it's not busy, and I have the time to blog with you wonderful people who don't read my blog.

We got our engagement pictures back, and they are fabulous. I will post some on here as soon as I'm not at work so I can get them. But the pictures have left me at a crossroads; blonde hair or dark hair? At the moment those pictures were taken, my hair was dark, with a pretty tint of red. Today my hair is blonde. I have the hair dye sitting at home under my sink, and it only takes one moment of insanity for the blonde to be "cinnamon stick." I have always had this mad obsession with having the perfect hair, but it has become painfully obvious and expensive that my hair will never achieve true perfection. And then I have to think about what will look good for the wedding and the white dress and...my face is beginning to show the effects of stressed-out ness in the form of zits, which until recently had been extinct from my face. And they are not of the unnoticeable sort; they are the ones that are the size of texas and red and hurt.

So while it is beautiful outside, it's cold, and I can be thankful that I have discovered how to make it warmer in this place. And that I also have a job, and finally a church to go to. Bennett and I have been going to Cahaba Heights United Methodist, and we love it! We finally have our preacher for the wedding and they accommodate to my sunday schedule by having a service at 4. Wow, I made that sound like they do it just for me; they don't. It's a more contemporary service with more music and the like, and though Bennett and I prefer the more traditional, we will accept the fact that they have drums and guitars in church for the time being, anyway.

And now that I have bored you to tears... I will leave you with one thing.

Rammer jammer yellow hammer, go to hell alabama! Go Florida!

1 comment:

Steven said...

Me and Jen are going to visit "your" new church. We like 4pm church