Image Map

First Austin Post!!

6.6.12

Okay.  I have to admit that I have a new obsession.  Okay, two.  Fifty Shades of Grey is my first one.  And Austin, TX is my next one.

We are planning on relocating this perfect gem of a city, and I can't say enough good things about this town.  They have food trucks galore, a super dog-friendly city (your dogs can pretty much go wherever you do), free live music, super nice people, doughnuts as big as your head, I have pictures of most of all of this, but since it is the capital of Austin, I will start with your generic pictures of the capital building, and then go from there in future posts!  I mean, I can't give it all away in one post!!

We walked all the way from South Congress to the Capitol building,  (okay, I have to admit that I'm slightly confused on my use of capital and Capitol, so excuse me English majors if I'm totally butchering it here) which was about five miles...

Big Red Boot in Texas...I mean why not?

Though this was funny.  We passed this on our way back to the food trucks. 

Very liberal city, but I just liked the old timey feeling of the hotel.  They had these old hotels everywhere!

Capital building.

Confederacy statue outside the building.

Taking a rest after the first leg of our five mile walk.

Inside.  This is one of my favorite pictures.

Hello President Bush!!
There'll be more pictures from this past weekend, but wanted to start with these before seriously delving into Austin.  Because I could seriously go on forever.

And I just found a recipe for potato chip cookies...so be on the lookout for that this weekend.  Because I'm totally making them.

No comments: