Image Map

Close to 3

26.6.12

Tomorrow is our 3 year anniversary.  B and I have been through some things.  Everything is not perfect, nor will it ever be.

The fact that we were grown up enough (him more than me) to work through things made me think that I am exactly where I need to be right now....

While I was thinking through how long three years actually is, I got an email from my dad, and how appropriate...it was this guy...

Jimmy's Ocean View Bar is right across from my Dad's condo in Aruba....He has the best snacky foods, as well as the best drinks, and he seriously is right on the beach.  He hearts my dad.  He's saying hey.  This is from my dad today; as in this happened like today.
So then I was thinking about it, and even though I shared on my blog that I was engaged, I was still newbie blogger and didn't know how to add pictures, or even explain how the ring was bought, and since Aruba plays a big part in it, well, now you're caught up on how my mind got here.  That also may be the longest run-on sentence in history.  

So to explain....B and I went to Aruba with my dad and step-mom about four years ago.  It was a great trip!!  One morning though, B said he was going to go running on the beach.  He did ask if I wanted to go.  Now, if you know me at all, you know I like to work out.  I do not run on the beach, so of course I passed.  Little did I know that sneaky B got in a cab, went downtown and bought a ring.  The exact ring we had been looking at the day before.  He swiped his hand through the pool, then through his hair,  to make it look as though he'd been sweating.  Then about a week later, July 4th (my favorite holiday!) he proposed.  A year later we were married. 

But before we get to all the sentimental engagement/wedding obligatory photos (ahem, tomorrow), I will share with you our fun Aruba pics....

All 3 of the bottom pics are taken in/around Jimmy's.

Beautiful Aruba.

Cheesin, the goat, Dad and Carla, on the net attached to the boat.  in case you can't tell in that one, I'm holding on for dear life.  There are holes as big as me in that net. 
I emailed my Dad and said I wanted to be there too.  Hopefully next time, we'll get the invite to go again.  But for now, happy early 3rd B.

No comments: