Image Map

Halloween 2011

31.10.11

I love Halloween. It is one of my favorite holidays (next to New Year's and of course, Christmas!). But I love being scared. I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and I love dressing up! Seriously, what is there not to love about this holiday?

Last night the hubs and I went to a friends' house for Cookout & Costumes. Plus got to watch the Auburn game (Yay! War Eagle! Thanks for beating Ole Miss!). We filled up on snacks, hot dogs and grilled chicken, with a few adult beverages, but decided that the night wasn't, or at least, shouldn't be over.

The girls went out. The girls went out hard. I mean, ending up at Al's at 3 am, then checking into the Embassy Suites? Yes. That, my friends, is how you do it hard.

So our plans for this Halloween Eve? Watching Halloween and eating pizza, of course!! There is absolutely nothing better than a scary movie and pizza. Even though I'm hungry right now, and I have to at least wait until it gets dark.... but I am excited for the pizza.

I will leave you all with a simple, but delicious, Halloween treat. Dirt Cake! I haven't had this since probably the 3rd grade, and it had worms (Publix, you let me down with your non-selection of gummi worms), but it is still delicious regardless! Enjoy!



What You Need:
* 1 large package Oreos
* 8 oz package cream cheese
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 12 oz whipped cream
* 2 small packages of instant French Vanilla pudding mix
* 2 cups milk
* 1 tsp vanilla


* Crush cookies and spread 1/2 of the crumbs in the bottom of a 9x13" pan.

* Mix the cream cheese and margarine until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar. Fold in the Cool Whip.

* In a separate bowl, mix the pudding, milk and vanilla; then fold this into the cream cheese mixture.

* Pour combined filling mixture over cookie crumbs in pan; sprinkle rest of cookie crumbs over the top. Serve frozen or chilled.


Happy Halloween!

*Check it...I'm a scary black cat...* Bonus points if you can tell me where this is from!





No comments: