Image Map

Camping Fun

5.10.11

So two weekends ago, hubsy and I packed up the dog and the tent and went up to Mt. Cheaha in northeast (well sort of central-east) Alabama.

It is the highest point in Alabama at a whopping 2700-some odd feet. But it was gorgeous up there. And the Stell-dog seriously loved her some outdoor time. It was fun to put up the tent, and believe it or not, we had the whole semi-primitive circle to ourselves.

It was filled with a fun day of hiking to waterfalls, listening to AU football on the radio (come on now... you had to know that was coming), cooking hot dogs, and burning marshmallows to make s'mores.

So here is a little known fact about moi.

I am deathly afraid of the dark. And deathly afraid of things that the dark brings. Like bears. And serial killers. The more I thought about it, the more I thought how easy it would be for a killer to be hiding in the woods at a campsite to kill people. Trust me, I psyched myself out, and actually convinced myself there was a killer in the woods.

But there wasn't. And we all survived. Here are some pics from the trip...









Best part of all...I saw two shooting stars...



2 comments:

Julie said...

I always think there are killers in the woods.

Anonymous said...

im dying to go camping...but it is kind of already winter here...so i will have to wait!!

looks like there was really pretty scenery where yall went!