Image Map

How I Feel

14.1.14

Right now, as I sit listening to Louis Armstrong, I can't help but look at how I actually feel right now.


 Since the beginning of the year, I've been training for a half-marathon.  I've always enjoyed running, and this year, I decided to take it to the next level and commit myself to a half marathon in July in Chicago.  I have pretty much let go of all of my feelings of having to be less than 140 pounds, and have focused on being fit and healthy.

I don't feel right running less than five miles a day now.  It feels good to put on my Linkin Park Pandora station and just run and run until my heart is content.

I have gotten up to 6.2 miles tempo.  And right now that is at 5mph for me.  Which I know is pretty terrible for most runners, but for me?  A person who never felt that working out was very fun; it's a pretty incredible feat. 

I have put much less value on the number on the scale than how I actually feel.  And for a girl, I'm going to admit this on the internet.

My name is Laura.  I am 5'8".  I weigh 141 pounds.  

So there you have it.  I'm not embarrassed by it.  My legs are strong; I have some semblance of a calf muscle and my quads look amazing right now.

That's right.  Long gone are the wishes of being 125 pounds; I want legs of steel, and to be able to run 13.1 miles and not die.

Plus I got this super cute tank from Target (thanks to Juney and her giftcard for my bday!) I've never seen my legs look so muscular in my life, and I love it.  If that means gaining a few pounds for the art; I am good with it.  

I am no longer trying to be the rail thin girl that I wanted to be: I want to look like I'm fit and healthy.  And from what I read, and how my clothes are fitting me, I feel like I'm actually there.

so 100 degree weather in Chicago in July; bring it on. 

I'm going to kick your ass.

No comments: