Image Map

Being 30 So Far

8.1.14

Has royally sucked.

And I wish that I was exaggerating when I said that, because for so long I dreaded turning thirty.  I didn't want to be in my fourth decade; I backtracked and acted like I was twenty.  Going out every night, having liquid dinners, etc.

I fought it the best way I knew how, but it still came.

coffee mug my dad got me for my birthday.

We went to New Orleans for my 30th -- that part was fun.  It was what happened the day after that and ever since that day that I don't like.

Sunday the 5th -- the Packers lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Monday the 6th -- Auburn loses the National Championship.

Tuesday the 7th -- I am sick as a dog.

So, see?  What do I really have to love about being thirty so far.  The one highlight that comes to mind is I'm going back splash shopping at the Lowe's this weekend.   That's right bitches; back splashes become amazing fun once you turn thirty.  So do trips to Lowe's.  

I don't know what I was expecting when I turned thirty -- for the wrinkles I have to get worse; for my metabolism to just shut down (which seems like it's done lately); for the whole world to just fall in my favor.  Yeah, definitely that last one.

But it hasn't -- so fourth decade of life, you have a lot to live up to.  Please let's start getting to that tomorrow.

No comments: