Image Map

** La Brisa Restaurant Review**

20.2.11

Our brush with La Brisa was a good one. Sticking with the Mexican was a good idea. I told you that we loooove Mexican food. The restaurant itself is great on the inside, with inside or outside seating. Since it was 70+ degrees, there were a few people sitting outside, but we sat inside, because yours truly didn't think she would get cold in a dress. But it definitely felt cold once I stepped out of the car.



La Brisa is located on Highway 150 in Hoover. It's next to a Chevron gas station, and minutes from the new Target.


Sangria and margarita (mediums!!). Bennett said he could have made better sangria, but my 'rita was delicious!!

Their salsa wasn't as spicy as San Miguel's, but their chips were better. There was less cilantro, but more chunky bits of tomato. Which isn't a bad thing either.



These are Bennett's enchiladas poblanos. When asked to describe them, all he said was "delicious," so you can go from there with it....



I had the chicken chimichanga. This is a favorite of mine since someone introduced me to the world of chimichangas once on a very weird, but good night. Ever since then, that's what I've gotten. But I judge a chimichanga on the tastiness of the crunchy parts, and this one was great. Plus it had run over cheese, which only makes it better. I'm not a super fan of guac, but I let it stay on the plate.




The first time we came to the restaurant was when we discovered what the white drink that all the Hispanics were drinking in San Miguel. We couldn't believe that this place was actually advertising for it! So we decided that the next time we went to this place we definitely had to try one....





so we did!!!! And it tastes like Christmas!! Rum with cream and cinnamon!! It was so good, but not really what I would want to drink with a mexican dinner. I would love to have these around Christmas...maybe with warm cream? Does that sound gross? I think it sounds pretty awesome.

All in all, we would give it a big thumbs up! The food here is great, and it's just new enough not to be super crowded on a Friday night. Downside? No happy hour on Friday. Not even before 6 pm. But that was pretty much all we could come up with. The wait staff was very attentive and polite, always willing to bring us more drinks and salsa! So we definitely recommend this one!!




No comments: