Image Map

Weirdest Thing Ever

15.8.09

So I was reading this article in Glamour (I somehow have a subscription to this magazine, accidental, I don't know....that's another story), and it was about these girls that go on craigslist or other websites, can't remember the names right now, but they look for sex with strangers. They don't want any connection with anyone, and do it just for the thrills.

I don't think I would ever be that, well I guess you could say, adventurous, or that dumb depending on how you look at it. I didn't really read about that Craigslist killer, or really know much about it until reading that article, but in a way, they kind of asked for it. It's the simple rules that your parents tell you about before going away to college; meet on common ground, don't give the guy any chance to have any power over you. And this really applies to someone you may have only talked to once or twice on the phone and maybe have emailed or texted, or whatever . Call me old-fashioned, but I think the only way to truly get to know a guy is to actually go out with him. See how he acts in public, see if he is even someone who you want to sleep with instead of suggestive texts. (which can be fun in their own right, but ONLY with people you intend to see the next day).

Now, I'm not old-fashioned enough not to believe in the one-night stand, but that usually includes an actual date with someone you might actually know from somewhere. You know what they look like, you know how they are, and you don't have to interpret an online profile of some dude who may not be the super stud he portrays himself to be.

I guess I can see the "adrenaline-rush" you can get from just going to some guy's house and having sex with him (I'm pretty sure the girl in the magazine has a website...craiglist whore or something to that effect on this very same blogspot.com), but I would be scared that this guy would either be some sexual weirdo or try to kill me . I guess I'm just not very adventurous.

I don't know: I guess it was just an interesting article worth sharing . I may try to go find this girl's website to try to find out exactly what is going on upstairs...and down.

No comments: