Image Map

Time to Let Go

3.8.09

So there comes a time in everyone's life when you have to get rid of what is bad for you and keep what is good. And I have been part of a toxic friendship now for 15 years, and I am done with it. I am not drunk, but I have finally started to think clearly.

When you have someone in your wedding, and then everyone asks you what that person's problem was because they clomped down the aisle and then didn't smile, then that pisses me off. If this person didn't want to be in the wedding, then they should have just said so. I asked this person to be in the wedding because of our past and I thought I would regret not doing it, if I didn't do it. Granted that I didn't know that this person said things behind my back, be it about the dress or about my character, before she drove to be in the wedding. And if this person's feelings were so strong about it then she should have not come to the wedding. It's seriously frustrating to me that someone who has known me less time, C, could care so much more than the person who has known me for forever.

C came to the wedding showers; C basically threw me my bachelorette party, and C was there when I needed her. But where was this other person? The person who was supposed to know me for 15 years and supposed to know everything about me? Nowhere. Didn't come to the showers and definitely didn't come to the bachelorette party. I guess I'm more sad and disappointed than angry about it. There's nothing I can do about it; I just thought that she would have been there more for me during this super happy time in my life. But I thought wrong; and if those things she said behind my back were actually true than I wouldn't care so much. And I would stick around to my boyfriend and forget everyone in the world.

But I don't. I love my Dan and Caitlin; and I love my sister, and I love my Robin. I love my Kelly at work, and I love my Alex and Katy. I do not forget my friends, but need to let go of the ones that hurt me and continue to not give a damn about it.

So I will raise my Target brand cherry limeade and forget about all of it. Because from this day on, I am done.

No comments: