Image Map

The Joys of Marriage

1.8.09

So usually when people write about marriage they write bad things about how the physical part of it has deteriorated and how the person changes over night into something that they weren't the month before you got married, but I am here to set the record straight.

None of this has happened. It is almost the exact same as exclusive dating. Granted, you can't just "break up" if something goes wrong, and divorce isn't something that people, poor people like me, want to deal with. Being 25 and divorced doesn't sound as great as 25 and still looking. The only difference that I have noticed is the difficulty in signing "redacted" every day, and the difficulty I have to look forward to of going to actually legally change my name. As I haven't done that yet. And since they closed all the satellite offices in Jefferson County, I have a full day of waiting at either the downtown courthouse, or the Bessemer office, neither of which is a fully tantalizing offer, and which requires me to use my last vacation day to do so.

And the reason why all of this has to happen so fast is because all the loan docs have to be in my newly married name, or else it will be a pain in the ass to change from "Redacted" to Redacted" in the future. For future reference and in case anyone cares, the name will now be "redacted", instead of "redacted". For some reason C made a great point when she said if you ever have children they may want to look up their lineage. And I'm sort of attached to the "redacted" name.

So we did in fact buy a house. It's beautiful and I can't wait to move into it. It's a cute quirky little house with a double-sided fireplace and an exposed brick wall, with a fully updated kitchen. We close in August and have the entire month of September to move in. So if anyone has any extra boxes, that would be a good thing to know about....

But anyway, the marriage thing is great. There is nothing different; I won't go into detail about how things haven't changed, but well you know. Things are great as usual. As great as they are though, sometimes I'm forced to think how things would have turned out if we had never met. I mean, what if Bennett had gone to Samford, or if I would have stayed in school in Georgia. But I guess that's what wasn't planned for us and that's why we both did go to Auburn and did meet . We were eventually meant to be together...and that's how it ended up.

No comments: