Image Map

Doughnuts and the Macy's Parade

26.11.08

There is a lot I have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

But there are a couple of things that I always remember doing as my sister and I were growing up, and I will share these memories as my Thanksgiving.

We'll start with Thanksgiving morning; We would get doughnuts and watch the Parade. I know it sounds lame, but it really was tradition. I remember when Dad, Jenn and I would go to Dunkin Donuts on Johnson's Ferry while Mom started Thanksgiving dinner and we would get all kinds of doughnuts.

Christmas Eve: We would go to church, then drive around the neighborhood next to ours and look at Christmas lights. We would come home, change out of our church clothes and have appetizers (the ones I remember most are the cheese ball and shrimp), and open our presents.

I remember when my sister and I were playing in the garage next to my dad's BMW and we spilled boxes on it. He wasn't happy.

My dad has all these videos of me and my sister playing on Christmas morning with all our new toys; I remember the ET doll that my sister had. I remember all the Barbies that we had (and even cutting their hair.)

So on this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my fiance, my friends, my family, my job, the people I work with...but what I'm most thankful for is my memories and that I had a family who was awesome enough to let me have all of them.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: