Image Map

All Grown Up

16.11.08

Last weekend Robin got married; in a few months she will be having a baby. It's weird to think of how much we've all grown up. Just saying the phrase, Robin is married, and she is no longer Robin Cantrell, but Robin Ballard. It's just all so strange. It just seems like yesterday that we were in high school, going to Pope's dumb football games, driving to school in the morning with 311 blasting. Seeing Liz and Heather and Brett and Deanna all at Robin's wedding made it even the more clear that we are growing up. We are NOT the same people we were in high school.

I am getting married in 7 months. Even that sounds weird to say. That I could find someone so amazing who wants to spend his entire life with me. I don't know where I would be right now without Bennett. He is what gets me through every day; he is why I scream at every driver when I'm on my way home, just so I can spend an extra minute or two with him. I love that there is someone in the world who knows everything about me and loves me anyway. I will never be able to express how grateful I am that he is in my life.

Next weekend we have another wedding to go to (yet another sign that everyone is growing up), this time in Montgomery. This time it'll be Bennett's past and mini high school reunion. I don't know why I'm being so emotional about everything; could be that I'm sick and being at work on a Sunday with nothing to do allows you the time to think about everything.

I don't know.... I am happy. I really really am.

No comments: