Image Map

Moving Sucks

3.8.08

I am so dreading getting off work today, just like I am dreading this upcoming Saturday. Bennett and I are moving. And not only just does moving suck on its own, but it sucks even more when it's 95 degrees outside with a heat index of 105. The only good thing in all of this moving thing, okay, well maybe two, is that our new place is on the ground floor, and my dad is coming into town to help. Other than that, getting that great yellow truck and getting everything out of their boxes is NOT going to be fun.

This weekend, however, was very fun. We celebrated Bennett's birthday (which is today) on Friday night so we could actually go out, because Saturday night Laura has to be in bed early to hang out with those great yellow trucks on Sunday. So we meet up with DC and go get Mexican, then decided to go to Barking Kudu, not because there was anything going on, but because it is one of the few bars that has cigars. So we go there, meet up with some of their friends, DJ and Sarah (who BTW, these people are awesome), and then go to Blue Monkey. From there I was forced to take a shot on the piano with everyone watching. Fun thing about this was, I wasn't allowed to use my hands. I won't even go into the details of the name of the shot (think, Bennett's initials), but I did it. Liquor came out of my nose...it was embarassing, but oh well. From there we went to this bar called Bailey's. Never been to this one before, but we went to meet up with the Laura Hater Club, because they were in town for a friend's wedding. I basically said hi to one of the members, and the other refused to even look at me and/or talk or congratulate me on the engagement. Which is fine, because for some reason, I don't think I will ever get along with this kid. Maybe because I'm not Bennett's ex? Or maybe because he's just mean-spirited and doesn't want to get along with me....who knows, but I'm over it.

I danced with Caitlin most of the night in front of the Cajun band. They were fun. Took Bennett out for sushi for his birthday dinner last night, and birthday festivities continue tonight with a showing of the new Batman. He's broke me this weekend, but oh well, I was already broke I guess....

Anyway, that is all, looking forward to getting out of here in 20 mins. Happy Birthday Bennett!

1 comment:

Steven said...

At least you can get a discount on the moving truck... Shoot me a facebook email sometime and let me know about the latest happenings with everyone at Penske. I've been gone three months so I know something interesting must have happened. I hope all is well with you and Bennett.