Image Map

Addicted To Love

12.7.10

So I was just reading an article on cnn.com about how, psychologically, you can be addicted to love. When you're in it good, you are addicted in a good way, but getting rejected in love can have a serious effect on you.

And it got me thinking that that is pretty true! I remember a time where I fell for this guy. We had talked for about 8 months and had kissed and done all the fun physical stuff. And I just fell for him. Just fell for him hard....and I am one of those people, that doesn't necessarily abide by the "let him say it first," so I was stupid and said it first. That, and then....**crickets**...awww, but I was so young and dumb back then, I mean like 19...20, something like that. So I think you can be addicted to love, but also think it's easy to fall out of love with someone faster if they don't share the same feelings for you. So maybe if it is never going to happen, even if the addiction sucks worse, it's always just best to know.

So yes, I was severely addicted to him. I checked my phone like a crazy person, hoping he would have sent a text message, but all the while knowing that he was too busy for me. Love can be addicting....that's why they always say it hurts. But it was beautiful for those 8 months...completely perfect...everything from the first kiss to the last...from laying on his chest afterwards....to everything.

But when you're in it good, you're in it good. And I have it good now. Good enough that he lets me be me...and doesn't cringe when I'm a Landshark at a Jimmy Buffett show with my "fins to the left, fins to the right, you're the only bait in town." I love my babe. :)

No comments: