Image Map

Thinking about Things...

19.2.09

For Valentine's Day, in case any one was wondering, Bennett took me to Gian Marco's in Homewood. It is supposedly the best food in Birmingham, and I'm pretty sure it was. We stuffed ourselves, had wine, fried mozzarella with prosciutto in it ( sooo good!), main courses, and then of course dessert. Bennett told me not to worry about prices, so I didn't, although I have a tendency to always pick the cheapest thing anyway...mine was good; so was Bennett's. His was better....

So I'm still working on this new position that I have. I have a conference call with all the big cheeses tomorrow, and I'm a little bit nervous about it. They have given me a work cell phone. I'm way new to all this responsibility at work. And it's not like my title has changed; I just work some more, so maybe in a way that's my pay raise. Instead of taking out overtime all together, they just throw a couple hours my way and look the other way. Which is something I'm not really complaining about, because without my OT, money has been a little tight. It sucks getting used to something, and then them take it all away.

But the new job is going well, and I seemed to have gained a newfound respect from everybody. It was a little rough to begin with, but has gotten better, much better since last Friday. I guess I should be grateful that they finally think I'm capable of something. I just so hope that I don't let everyone down, because I don't know what job would come after this one. I guess if I fail, that makes me permanent MT, and I don't know how I feel about all that.

Anyway, I guess I'm a little tired, and I know it's only 8:45, but I do have a really important conference call tomorrow, and I'm supposed to make a list petitioned by the captain himself, so here I go. Maybe another glass of wine will help....

No comments: