Image Map

Thinking & Driving

7.12.10

for my job, i do a lot of driving. i drive pretty much all around central alabama. anywhere from birmingham to montgomery to boaz to anniston to jasper. and i don't mind this part of my job. in fact, it's probably what makes it tolerable.
but you can't turn off your mind when you're driving. there is always a song that will mysteriously come up on your ipod and remind you of certain events. they say that smells make people the most nostalgic, but i disagree.
i think it's music. i pretty much have song that reminds me of everything when i hear it. music can remind me of a certain person or a certain event.
ben folds "the luckiest" -- reminds me of joseph, particularly when i had as my away message (oh yes, i went there) that i wanted cheesecake, and lo and behold, he shows up.
***
"dynamite" (don't know who sings this) --- reminds me of my trip to d.c. we went to this bar with two of sara's friends, and they had a dance floor. it was mostly a club for younger people, so i felt out of place shaking it for 22 year olds.
***
keith urban "raining on sunday" -- reminds me of daniel, the weekend before i left to go to auburn. i got to choose one song to dance to with him, and this was it.
***
jon bon jovi "livin on a prayer" -- of course. reminds me of 2004 auburn/georgia game. well, pretty much associate it with the whole season.
***
bruce springsteen "thunder road", gordon lightfoot "cotton jenny," the doors "riders on the storm" -- all remind me of my dad. he played a lot of music when we were growing up.
***
sorry for the non-picture, non-fun blog. of course this list goes on and on; i have a song for pretty much everyone and every event that has taken place in my life. for some reason, these are the ones that stick out the most.



No comments: